Saturday, March 20, 2021

Rainbow-tastic Shaker

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here, and I have a new shaker card to share today that uses the "Rainbow-tasitic" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. If you love rainbows, the you need to grab this Blend before it's gone. I'm actually really surprised that it's still available based on how quickly the first rainbow Sparkle Blend sold out. Did you know that every Sparkle Blend is a limited edition? Once it's gone, it's gone forever. There may be other iterations of something, like coffee blends (hint hint!), but they're never exactly the same.

My kids' absolute favorite past time is reading. Every chance they get, they've got a book in their hands. It's fantastic. So when we saw the March 2021 My Monthly Hero Kit, which has a reading theme, the three of us got very excited. My husband Gene and I are avid readers too (when life allows), so this kit could get used very often. Well, Gene surprised us with the kit and the kids and I were thrilled!

The kit comes with a rainbow ink pad, so I immediately thought of the Rainbow-tastic Sparkle Blend. I colored the girl and her chair in muted tones, so that the Sparkle Blend and background (that was made with that ink pad) would be the stars of the show. Kinda like her mind....filled with ideas, all because of that book she's reading. This Sparkle Blend has so many fun bits in it, I can't even begin to list them all. It's gorgeous and fun. I did a double partial die cut for the oval and the girl, so that I didn't have too many layers to contend with.

I kept the rest of the card super simple. My card base was inked around the edges with black to make everything pop, and sentiment came from the My Monthly Hero Kit.

This kit is super inspiring, and I can see lots of ways to use it with my Sparkle Blends. You'll definitely be seeing me use them together again soon. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Esty to see the all of the available Sparkle Blends, as well as joining the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook. I’ll have a new FB Live on the Doodles Paper Playground FB Page this Thursday at 8PM EST. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment