Friday, March 19, 2021

Hot Cocoa

Hey Friends! It's EK and today I am playing around with a coffee themed project using Doodles Paper Playground's Hot Cocoa Sparkle Blend Mix.

While DPP is not sponsoring the Coffee Lover's Hop this year, they have certainly sponsored it in the past, so I thought it would be fun to create a card using one of their newest hot drink mixes. And yes I know this blend was meant for 'hot cocoa' but I thought it went perfectly with my coffee themed card.

I started this shaker by blending three shades of brown over some watercolor paper. I used Distress Oxides in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso.

I then both sprayed and splattered the watercolor paper with Distress Oxide Spray in Vintage Photo.

Using coordinating dies, I die cut the watercolor paper into a clean rectangle and three circles in a diagonal across the paper. I saved the three cut outs and adhered them to the A2 card frame.

I built up the shaker element inside the card, and filled the three openings with the Hot Cocoa Sparkle Blend Mix.

I added an extra layer of acetate over the filled holes so I could easily place the shaker element over my card frame.

Onto some alcohol ink friendly cardstock, I stamped two coffee images from Gina K Designs and colored them with my copics, keeping the colors in a neutral brown color. I then fussy cut out the images.

I adhered the coffee cups onto the card frame, letting them over lap a little.

Using a sentiment from the same stamp set, I added a fun 'coffee' themed sentiment in Ground Espresso Distress Oxide.

Finally, I hand adhered a few more sequins onto the card frame front just to add a little more bling.

Let me know in the comments below what drink themed project you would make with this blend? Until then, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment