Monday, March 15, 2021

 

Add New Post

I love reminiscing about my childhood school days. I always get a kick out of shocking my kids with the idea of growing up without a tablet and on demand television. It's horrendous to them, however comforting to me. This adorable card reminds me of those days.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 01dppmar15.jpg

The stamp set from Brutus Monroe, called "Back to School Bash" is a perfect set for a throwback. I stamped and embossed the locker and used an exacto knife to cut three sides so the locker door could open and close the shaker. Then I embossed some of the the various elements to make a school-like background pattern. I filled my shaker with Pawsome Pets Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. This blend has the perfect mix of colors to compliment the flashback color palette of this card. And what makes it even better is the adorable cats and pawprints in the mix. The glitter sequins were just what was needed to bring this card to life.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 02dppmar15.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 03dppmar15.jpg

The cat, schoolbag and skate board were all colored with Copics. I added glossy accents to the cat's eyes. I loved how they were complimented by the shine of the Sparkle Blends when the locker door is open. To grab Pawsome Pets along with some other awesome Sparkle Blends head over to the shop to see what's in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment