Sunday, March 7, 2021

Bright Lights 

Swoosh! Right in the net! The Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground in this card are a slam dunk. This adorable shaker card pairs the Simon Hurley stamp set "Slam Dunk" with the fabulous Sparkle Blends "Lights in the Forest."

I always like to do a little something for my son's coaches at the end of the season, especially a season like this one. Since it was a special season for many reasons, I decided to have a little fun with it. Why not a sports themed shaker card? Initially I was having trouble figuring out where to put the shaker element or what it could be. So, I went to my collection of Sparkle Blends and started by finding a blend in the school colors which are blue and gold. "Lights in the Forest" was the perfect choice because it had the blue and gold, but included some other accent colors and some other fun elements.

I knew I was going to make the basketball player (my son) and use the net, so I just had to figure out how to use this awesome blend. As I was thinking about the elements of the layout, I thought of the bleachers filled with people, something we obviously didn't have the season. So what better way to pay homage...

The rest of the card came together simply. I colored the player and net with copics and created the floor with copics as well. I was attempting to get the look of the school gym floor. The sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. Since I really wanted to keep this fun and lighthearted, I decided to make a decorate envelope as well. I used the punch board to create the envelope and liner and stamped the basketball with Catherine Pooler.

The "crowd" I created with "Lights in the Forest" ties everything in for a consistent look. Take a close look at the colors and elements of this blend. It really brings pieces to life with the contrast of colors and black and white on the dotted blend. Head over the Sparkle Blends shop to add this to your collection today! 

4 comments:

  1. This is exceptionally instructive substance and composed well for a change. It's pleasant to see that a few individuals still see how to compose a quality post!  메이저놀이터

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular visits listed here are the easiest method to appreciate your energy, which is why why I am going to the website everyday, searching for new, interesting info. Many, thank you สล็อตNi Shu Shen Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a report regarding this matter. Your article is loaded with extremely helpful data. I will make a point to return to look at your posts for my next report. business plan key components

    ReplyDelete