Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 I bet Doodles Paper Playground has a Sparkle Blend for everything. I found the perfect mix to go with this card. I'm all in with the "bee" trend. I love the hexagons, the vibrant yellows and the punny sentiments. When I looked back in my stash and found the "Bee Creative" Sparkle Blends, I had to play with them. Since I had a perfect stamp set to coordinate that hadn't been used yet, I was ready to create.



I started by inking the background with a hexagon stencil from Brutus Monroe. I used Distress Oxides in "Fossilized Amber" and "Mustard Seed," blending them with the mini ergonomic blending brush from Pink & Main. I used "Rusty Hinge" on the edges in attempt to give the background some depth. This layer got adhered onto a black card base.

Next I used Copics to color the flower circle and bees from the "Bee You" stamp set by Brutus Monroe. I used an exacto knife to cut it out, then created my shaker window and mounted it directly onto the card panel. I wanted to see the hexagon pattern through the window. 

If you take a close look, there are some really unique details in the "Bee Creative" Sparkle Blends. The gold hexagons are my favorite but there are also bees, flowers, patterns and all those beautiful yellow tones that I love.



Next I cut the sentiment from a set of Conversation Clippings also from Brutus Monroe. I decided to adhere it flat against my panel since I knew there would be many other raised elements. Next I adhered the bees with foam adhesive after I colored them with Copics. I added Nuvo Dream Drops on the wings to make them look iridescent. The last thing I did was drip Brutus Monroe Dew Drops along the top of the card. This was a fun accent to add some interest and stay with the theme.



"Bee Creative" Sparkle Blends are available in the shop as well as many other gorgeous mixes. Grab yours today and "bee" creative with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment