Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Kindred Stamps July Release Blog Hop

Hello there! I am thrilled to be participating in my very first Kindred Stamps release Blog Hop! If you found your way here from DaggDesigns Blog, you are in the right place, If you haven't checked out the rest of the hop yet, you can find the complete blog list at the end of this post--or, if you'd like to start at the beginning, Hop on over to Kindred Stamps!

I had the pleasure of working with the brand new Catcher of Beasts stamp set, and it was a blast! They're such cute images and turned out SO fabulous, all colored up! I loved coloring them so much, I did 3 sets--so you can expect more projects featuring these mystical characters in the future! 

I've created three cards to share with you today, and I hope you like them! 
Without further adieu...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I received this set in my DT package, I absolutely knew this card had to happen! I've had the Tim Holtz Sizzix Cityscape Skyline dies in my stash for the longest time and really never found a use for them--well, now I know why I purchased them! It was in anticipation of making this card!!

I started by cutting a light grey panel using the largest of the Gina Marie Designs Double Stitched Inside and Out Rectangle die set. Next I cut the road with a die set from my stash, using white cardstock for the bottom layer and black for the top. I selected a variety of shades of cardstock in blues, greys and black from my scrap stash, and cut out a bunch of the Cityscape Skyline borders. Next, I sorted them from lightest to darkest and adhered them, layering one a bit higher than the other--alternating greys and blues to give the design depth. I added the road to the bottom, and then adhered the whole thing to my grey panel--trimming the excess with my Fiskars non-stick scissors



I cut a sun with a small stitched circle die from my stash, and adhered it, tucked behind the horizon line.  I stamped the "You're Fantastic!" sentiment, from Catcher of Beasts in the top right corner using Versafine Onyx Black ink, before adhering the whole panel to the front of a medium grey, top folding, A2 card base. Finally, I added the colored characters to the road, and tucked the little twig dude behind some of the buildings in the cityscape, just for fun! I left the inside of this one blank for now, because I'm not sure what I'll use it for, yet!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my second card, I decided to do something a little bit interactive. I selected some kraft cardstock from my stash and cut  3 panels using the 3rd die in the Gina Marie Designs Double Stitched Inside and Out Rectangle die set. Then I used the middle size of the Lawn Fawn Lift the Flap die set to cut cabinet "doors" in two of the panels, with the notches facing each other. I used Ground Espresso Distress Ink to ink the edges of the cabinet doors and panel edge, to give them some definition. I adhered the first of these panels to the bottom of an aqua, top folding, A2 card base. Next I cut a strip of off-white cardstock and adhered it at the top, so it looked like a counter. 



For the upper cabinet, I cut a thin strip of kraft cardstock, inked the top edge and adhered it to the center of the uncut, landscape, panel. Next, I adhered the second panel with the cut doors to the top, only using glue around the very edges and center bar of the panel, so my doors can open and close freely. I adhered the assembled panel to the top of the panel, leaving space between the cabinets. I stamped the "I think you're nifty!" sentiment, just below the top cabinet using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I did some stamp surgery and cut apart the "You're a Magical Creature" sentiment so I could stack it, and stamped it inside the right cabinet door with Onyx Black ink. I adhered the little stick dude, peeking out of the left door and adhered the other critter on the shelf in the cabinet.



I decided to finish the inside of my card in a simple way by stamping the "You stole my heart" sentiment in Onyx Black ink in the center of the top third of the panel and added another of the little thief critters--with watch chain trimmed off--sitting on the word "stole". 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my third and final card, I wanted to go a little more simple with this card, so I selected a sheet of the Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Meadow paper collection and three shades of pink cardstock. I cut the striped Lawn Fawn paper using the largest of the Gina Marie Designs Double Stitched Inside and Out Rectangle dies. I then cut the 2nd, 3rd and 4th dies in a set of Stitched Scalloped Heart dies from my stash from the three shades of pink cardstock. I adhered the largest of the pink hearts to the front of the striped panel and trimmed off the excess. I stamped the "I think you're nifty! sentiment, centered above the heart, in Onyx Black ink, before adhering the other two heart layers on top of the first, using Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape, for just a tiny bit of dimension. I adhered my colored characters with Multi Medium Matte



I again kept it simple on the inside, creating a custom sentiment from the Catcher of Beasts stamp set by doing a bit more stamp surgery to separate "You" from the "You stole my heart" sentiment and combining it with "Magical Creature" from the "You're a magical creature" sentiment and adhered another of those adorable little stick dudes next to it. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kindred Stamps team, myself included, hope that you've enjoyed reading about my card makes for this release. If you would like an opportunity to win shop credit please go and comment on everyone's blog post! One random winner will win a $10 shop credit, they will be contacted privately and announced in our Fan Club, Kindred Stamps Fan Club!

Kindred Stamps
Guest Designer Kim Huffman
Tinkerin in Ink

Your next stop is R Winn Creates
Don't forget to leave comments along the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

35 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are all amazing! I simply adore the cityscape card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Thank you very much!! I really enjoyed creating them! Its a really fun stamp set!

      Delete
  2. More magical images!!!! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical! I think your cards are so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of this awesome stamp and the cityscape!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a "must do" design as soon as I saw the stamp set!

      Delete
  5. Love these fantastic cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Can’t wait to get this set. So many FANTASTIC ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have as much fun with it as I did!

      Delete
  7. Cute cards! Reminds me I still need to see this movie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent job! Super creativešŸ˜„šŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing scene you created! I love the buildings and of course the heart one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the way you used the Cityscape die-cuts. I have that die as well, but never thought about layering different colors for the buildings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a bit of an accident! I was die cutting in low light and accidentally cut a dark grey one when I thought it was black and liked the added depth, so decided to play around! I'm so glad you like it! Thank you!

      Delete