Saturday, April 24, 2021

Using Empty Space on Stamps to Make a Shaker

Greetings! Alison Heikkila here. Today I am sharing a card that I made on my latest FB Live for Doodles Paper Playground. I decided to show how to take a stamp that has a good amount of empty space and turn it into a shaker. If you'd like to see the entire process, as well as some additional stamp examples, please go HERE.

The "Never Let Go" stamp set from Sassy & Crafty was the inspiration behind this tutorial. That heart is the perfect spot for a shaker, and I think it looks so pretty in the end. I looked through my Sparkle Blends and decided to go with Judy's Royal Shine, because I didn't want this to be a romantic card. The colors in that Sparkle Blend helped me decide what colors to use for the rest of the card. My background was done with Sassy & Crafty's "Lipstick Squiggle" stencil, clear embossing powder, plus Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean, and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides.

Look at how pretty those colors are! I did pull out the large crowns and the clay bows from the Blend, as I didn't think they worked with this card. But that means I'll have plenty for a different card. Using the colors from Judy's Royal Shine keeps this from looking like a romantic card, which, as I mentioned, I wasn't going for. The hands were colored with Copics. My sentiment was pieced together using Sassy & Crafty's "Wet Noses & Sloppy Kisses" and "Just Chillin."

I really enjoy looking at my supplies to see what stamps I can turn into a shaker. It doesn't always have to be circles or rectangles....really look at your stash and see what has a good amount of space that can be cut away to make room for sequins. This heart was a great size, but you can definitely go bigger or smaller. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Esty to see the all of the available Sparkle Blends, as well as joining the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment