Monday, April 5, 2021

Love, Coffee

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. Are you a big fan of coffee? Well, have I got a new Sparkle Blend for you! The April release from Doodles Paper Playground includes the "Love, Coffee" Sparkle Blend which is very different from any other coffee inspired Blend they've released before.

So, why is this coffee Sparkle Blend unique? First, you'll find life-sized acrylic coffee beans in it, which look so real! Next, there's hints of pink in it....some round sequins, as well as shaped sequins that looks like a frozen coffee drink. In addition to that, you'll find satin gold sequins, which adds a regal touch to this mix.

For this card, I used a heart cover plate die from Memory Box with a brown patterned double sided cardstock. I used some of the hearts that were cut out inside the shaker. I also used a Paper Smooches coffee cup die (with one of those extra hearts front and center). I used ivory and Kraft cardstock for a soft look. Pure white would have been too stark for what I was going for. For the bottom layer of my shaker I inked up the fantastic Houndstooth stamp from Erin Lee Creative with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide, to pull in a little more of the pink from the "Love, Coffee" Sparkle Blend. I cut my super thick foam tape from Pear Blossom Press into thin strips and applied it to my top layer.

I love this full panel shaker card, and I bet you coffee lovers out there would too! Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Esty to see the all of the available Sparkle Blends, as well as joining the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment