Monday, April 19, 2021

2 FB Live Cards

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. Today I am sharing 2 shaker cards that were made during FB Lives for Doodles Paper Playground. The first, I made with a stencil, and the second, my husband Gene actually made with a stamp that he likes. I'm not going to get too much into the details, as all of the info you need is in the FB Lives. The links to my Live is HERE and HERE because FB decided to cut out on me part of the way in. The link to Gene's Live is HERE.

As I mentioned above, I used a stencil to create my shaker. I thought the new April Showers Blend was perfect with this older umbrella stencil from Dreamweaver/Stampendous. My cloudy sky was done with Distress Oxides and the Cloud Edger stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

Here you can see some of the sweet little elements that are in the April Showers Sparkle Blend. I adore those little Kawaii clouds. There's also plain clay clouds, teeny umbrellas, and iridescent raindrops. If you'd like to see how this card came together, definitely check out the links at the top of the post.

Gene decided that he not only wanted to use this beautiful Butterfly Stretch stamp from Stampendous, but he wanted to make a see-through shaker card. He chose to use the Clearly in Love Sparkle Blend so that you can still see the butterfly easily. I love the stenciled background he made using VersaMagic inks and a Brutus Monroe stencil.

He colored the butterfly using Copics and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Markers, and Kathy Rac's "Color Plucking" method of coloring. You can see that when you open the card, the shaker is completely see-through and there's a sentiment on the inside of the card. It's from Stampendous' Amazing Woman stamp set and inked with VersaFine Clair ink in Monarch.

I think both of these cards are fun, and have a unique twist on shakers. I love that Gene joined me for another FB Live. I love when he gets to interact with the folks watching, and I think he did a stellar job on his card. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Esty to see the all of the available Sparkle Blends, as well as joining the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment