Thursday, April 22, 2021

 Making Waves

Hey Sparkle Blends fans! Today I am introducing you to "Ocean Beauties Sparkle Blends" from Doodles Paper Playground. This gorgeous blend is part of the April 2021 Release. This is another instance where the blend inspired the creation of the card. The color palette is one of my favorites.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 01.jpg

I started by coloring the mermaid from Whimsy Stamps. I laid the Sparkle Blends on my Copic chart so I could match colors as best as possible. This is where I really started to notice all the different shapes and colors in this blend. There are varying sizes of narwals, seashells, square and circle sequins in a variety of colors, sparkles and transparencies. But again, I was led by the gorgeous color palette.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 04.jpg

Next I went to work on the background. I found inspiration from Sara Sherlock. She created a stunning underwater background that looked like light shining through the surface of the ocean. I tried to mimic this using similar colors.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 05.jpg

I added a layer of purple swirls using the Flowing Swirl stencil from Sassy & Crafty. I splashed Pearl Aqua Pigment from Brutus Monroe after the entire panel was inked. And then built up layers of coral using the Ocean Scene die cut from Kindred Stamps. I stamped a sentiment from Lovely Legs - Be A Mermaid from Colorado Craft Company using Aquatini ink from Catherine Pooler.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 06.jpg

After all these elements were finished I constructed the card. I cut several frames out of the blue paper to build up the double pane shaker window. I glued some of the sequins onto the acetate so they would look like they were floating when the card is standing and everything falls to the bottom. I adhered it to a 6" X 12' card base. The background was adhered onto another 6" X 12" card base that opened from the left. I placed it on top of the inside panel of the shaker card base to create a trifold. I wanted the shaker to lay on top of the mermaid to make it look like she was under water.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 03.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 02-1.jpg

This was a really fun card to make. It was a process but I enjoyed creating each of the elements over a few days. It's been a while since I had an ongoing project that I didn't create in just one sitting. It definitely gave me a chance to enjoy the process and find different ways to make the Ocean Beauties Sparkle Blends shine. Don't forget to head over to the shop to grab yours.

Are you ready to schedule?

Your work will be published at the specified date and time.

Site Icon
(Untitled)sweetinkspiration.com

Connect and select the accounts where you'd like to share your post.
243 characters remaining

Selecting a featured image is recommended for an optimal user experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment