Friday, April 16, 2021

Ocean Beauties

Greetings! Alison Heikkila here. I have a fun shaker card to share with you that uses the new Ocean Beauties Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. This Blend is filled with such pretty colors, and not just shades of blue like you may have thought. There are even narwhals and mermaids in it!

The colors of this Sparkle Blend are what guided me through the process of choosing my elements. I found a cool Gel Press monoprint that wasn't quite finished to me, so I used Distress Glaze in Speckled Egg to finish it off and make it look like water. That's what I used for behind my shaker window. For my card front, I used a piece of cardstock from Echo Park's "Let's Be Mermaids" 6x6 paper pad. The colors were just perfect for this Sparkle Blend. Underneath that front panel, I die cut several pieces of bright blue cardstock to create my shaker panel, instead of using foam tape. I like that little hint of blue that you see when you hold the card at an angle.

Look at how pretty "Ocean Beauties" is! Those colors are so unexpected for an ocean Blend, but they work so perfectly together, especially with the color of those adorable narwhals! I used them, and some of the other colors in the Blend to help me figure out how to color my narwhal, which is from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic. I used the coordinating die too. My sentiment is from Kindred Stamps and stamped with VersaFine Clair Ink in Twilight. On my card base, I inked the edges with Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar, and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxides.

I love the unexpected colors of this card. The "Ocean Beauties" Sparkle Blend is so pretty, even if you didn't us it for an ocean themed card. I can see myself using this one a lot. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Esty to see the all of the available Sparkle Blends, as well as joining the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment