Sunday, January 6, 2019

Hot Pink Eight Pocket Shaker

Hello.  Gail here today guest designing for December and January here at the Doodles Paper Playground.  Today I made a large shaker element for my card.  OK, the whole card is a shaker element! I had a real fun time with this one!!


I did originally intend to add an image and a sentiment but once I had put it together I decided it was too pretty to cover up.  It also means it can be displayed in landscape or portrait, and of course, all those little sequin bits mean you just gotta give it a shake!! 



I've used Flamingo Tropic Sparkle Blend.  It's a fun mix of lime green and hot pink with pineapples, palm trees and flamingo's!!  What a blast. 


To make my card I used Winnie and Walter's new Peppermint Zone die cut.   I cut it from pink glitter card, purple craft foam and green designer paper.  Then I backed the pink glitter cut with a piece of acetate. 


I used a craft knife to remove some of the sections from the green and purple cuts to give me 8 shaker pockets. 


Then I layered it all up and Voila!!!  Love that the individual pockets keep the sparkle blend from sinking to the bottom of the card.


Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you get a chance to be crafty today and play with some sparkle.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment