Friday, January 4, 2019

White Rose Crafts Monthly Sketch Challenge: Warm Winter Wishes

Hello Doodle Fans, today I'm sharing a cute card I made for the White Rose Crafts Monthly Sketch Challenge. If you haven't heard of it before--on the first of each month, WRC shares a card sketch in their FB Gallery group, and invites anyone who wants to join in to share a card, layout or other craft project featuring their interpretation of that sketch using at least one product available for purchase at White Rose Crafts. Entries must be received by the 25th of each month to be eligible to win a $15.00 e-gift card to the store! Its a fun, easy way to get your mojo flowing, use some great things from your stash and maybe add some cool new products to your collection from the store!

January 2019 sketch

Each month, the WRC design team will be sharing their interpretations of the challenge sketch within the first week of the month, in hopes of inspiring others to join in and inspire US!

This month, I decided to combine my obsession with winter themed cards with this month's DT theme of Love! I selected a wide array of products from the shop--many of them happen to be Lawn Fawn, but I did do some of my signature mixing & matching on this project, too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To start with, I decided I wanted to use some of the awesome Perfectly Plaid papers from the Lawn Fawn line. I selected 4 6x6 patterns from a combination of Perfectly Plaid: Winter, Perfectly Plaid: Chill & Perfectly Plaid: Rainbow--making sure each one included the same range of blue. I knew I wanted one bright pop of color, so I selected one of the patterns with some golden yellow from the Chill pack. As accent patterns, I chose two snowflake patterns. One each from the Wild Rose Studio Festive Florals, and Frosted Lace paper packs. I also added a solid frosty blue and golden yellow cardstock from my stash.


Using several dies from my stash, I cut my paper elements to fit the sketch, including a small square of white cardstock. I selected Lawn Fawn's Winter Penguin stamp set for my mini scene, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, and other inks from my stash & colored with Copic markers. I added Glossy Accents and Dovecraft Crystal Glitter Glue (out of stock) for lots of sparkle and shine, allowing them to dry completely before assembling the layers on a top folding 110#, Yellow A2 card base with a combination of double sided sticky tape & Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape. I performed some careful stamp surgery on the "warm winter wishes" sentiment from Baaah Humbug by Lawn Fawn in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink in the lower left hand corner. As a final touch of bling, I added a selection of sequins from the Doodles Paper Playground Icicle Sparkle Blend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed my card today--and that you've been inspired to join us in the Challenge and create your own layered masterpiece (and maybe win some store credit!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment