Sunday, January 20, 2019

Garnet Delphinium

Hello! Today I have a new card for Doodles Paper Playground. This card uses one of the newest Sparkle Blends, called "Garnet." I'm a January baby, so I really love this blend of reds, pinks, and lavender.

I chose to stamp a lovely Delphinium stamp from Stampendous, and I heat embossed it in in white on white cardstock. I looked through the Garnet Sparkle Blend to see what colors I wanted to pull from it. I chose a few Tombow markers that coordinated and scribbled them on to my craft mat. I spritzed the colors with a little water and dipped the heat embossed image into the ink.

I dipped and dried the cardstock a couple of times to build up the layers of color, but I had to be careful of the embossed image. This technique is quick and really lovely. It can also be done with lots of products beyond the Tombow markers. You can use Zig markers, Distress Inks or Oxides, etc.

For my sentiment, I used the Painted Hello die from Simon Says stamp, and I die cut it 3 times from lavender cardstock. After I attached them together, I used a White Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a bit more sparkle to my card.

I found a scrap of deep pink Core'dinations cardstock that I adhered to my card base, after tearing the bottom to expose it's inner color. My delphinium layer purposely has a lot of white, so that the colors of the sequins in the Garnet Blend really shine through. I love the varying degrees of opacity, colors, and style of this mix. They are so lovely when they are together.

This is a pretty quick card to put together, which is great. I love the dimension of not only the sequins, but the "hello" as well. Take a look at the Sparkle Blends you have, and let them dictate the color palette of your next card or project. I bet you'll find some interesting and beautiful combinations that you can use. Need to see more Sparkle Blends? Please head over to White Rose Crafts LLC. They are the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends. That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment