Saturday, January 5, 2019

Best Wishes Shaker

Hello! Alison here. I recently received the Best Wishes die set from The Stamps of Life from my dear friend Amber. I knew I had to make it into a fun shaker as soon as I saw it. I decided to go with the all-purpose "Celebrate" Sparkle Blend, though I could have gone with pretty much any of them. The new "Conversation Hearts" would have been a fun and colorful option, for example.

I decided where I wanted my die cut to be, and traced the area with a pencil. Then, using VersaMark ink and the Amsterdam Flourish stencil from Stampendous, I applied it to the bottom of the cardstock. I then heat embossed it with Seasonings and Golden Sand embossing Powder. I used 2 powders simultaneously, because the Seasonings powder is chunky. This stencil has some finer details, so I knew the Golden Sand Embossing Powder would fill in those little areas nicely. I also applied VersaMark ink and just the Seasonings Powder to the top of the cardstock.

After the heat embossing was done, I die cut my shaker area. I applied acetate to the back, and used gray craft foam to add thickness. I knew I was using a gray card base, so the gray craft foam would blend in perfectly.

After I completed the shaker and mounted it on to my base, I felt as though the white was too stark. So I decided to flick some Fireworks! Spray in Tuxedo Black all over. This was just what the card needed.

I love all-occasion cards like this one. I could see it being used for a birthday, a wedding, retirement, and lots of other things. The "Celebrate" Sparkle Blend, with it's gold, silver, black, and striped sequins is also great for pretty much any occasion. I'll be back soon with another project! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment