Monday, January 28, 2019

Dewlet Hello

Hello! Alison here! Today, I've got a new shaker card to share featuring several beautiful Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground.  I recently purchased the new Dewlet dies from Imagine. They're meant to perfectly die cut around their Dew Drop Inks. But I knew they would also be great for shaker cards.
 I started off by laying out all 5 Dewlets in a pattern. I temporarily taped them down and die cut them in my Big Shot. Then, I added foam tape. Then I realized I forgot to add acetate to seal the windows! So I carefully pulled off the foam tape and added acetate. Luckily, I realized my goof up before I got too far with the tape. After I added all of the tape, I chose my Sparkle Blends.

I used (from top to bottom) Love PotionPretty in PinkGarnetLilac Luster, and I combined Rosy Gold with Strawberry Fields. I really like the pink, purple, and red color combination these Blends gave the card.
 For my sentiment, I die cut the Sugar Script "Big Hello" from Birch Press. I love the Sugar Scrip font. It works really well with some many styles. I die cut the top layer out of hot pink, and the bottom layer out of lavender cardstock.

For a 5 window shaker, it's a pretty clean and simple card. I like that it didn't need inks or stamps to complete, as it's sometimes nice to step away from your usual go-to products. You can check out all of these, plus many other Sparkle Blends over at White Rose Crafts. They are the exclusive retailer, and all Sparkle Blends are limited edition. So take a look at your shape dies and see how you can use them for fun shaker cards! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment