Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Star Spangled Shaker

Hello! Alison here. It's time for a new shaker card, and I used the "Star Spangled" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground this time. This Blend has white, shades of pink, turquoise, silver, and some touches of red in it. There are lots of different sized sequins, gems, plus big, bold stars! It's a beautiful Blend and this color palette is easy to work with.

I have mentioned before that when I make backgrounds with Distress Inks, Oxides, Alcohol Inks, etc, I like to make a lot of them all at once. I can sit for quite a while just making large backgrounds that I can cut down for card panels or die cut into smaller things at a later date. Not only is it fun to just make a bunch at once, but it saves me time when I go back to make finished cards later. Such is the case with this background. I used a few colors of Distress Oxides, applied them to my craft mat, sprayed them with water, and then dunked my cardstock into the wet inks. After it had dried, I used a rectangular stitched die (from Gina Marie) to trim it down.

When I began to assemble the card, I decided to go with a heart-shaped die from Lawn Fawn. It's from the Magic Color Slider Die set. I added acetate to the back of the heart, and adhered a piece of Lawn Fawn's plaid cardstock directly to my card base where the shaker would be. I used a fabulous sentiment from Ink Road Stamps' Snarks and Recreation stamp set. Isn't it just perfect? I think it's really important to not only love, but actually like someone too. Anyway, I stamped it on pink paper and die cut it, adding it to the top of my shaker.

I added a few sequins from the Star Spangles Sparkle Blend to the top of the card using On Point Glue. I love the dreamy colors on this card, with the pop of sequins in the shaker window.

Shaker cards can sometimes be very time consuming. But with pre-made backgrounds, and simple windows, you can create a fabulous shaker in a short amount of time. If you'd like to see more photos of Star Spangled, or any of the other beautiful Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, please visit White Rose Crafts. They are the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment