Friday, May 17, 2019

Succulent Shaker Card

Hello! Alison here. I've got a new shaker card to share that is soft, pretty, and great for different occasions. I chose to make it a "thank you" card, but it would work great for lots of other things.
 If you've been stopping by lately, you'll know that I really love Kaisercraft's "Greenhouse" collection. I've been using it quite a bit lately, because it's just beautiful. I started off by choosing a few of the Cardstock Die Cuts and arranged them on a blank background. I then decided that I wanted to use an oval stitched die from Lawn Fawn's Magic Color Slider Die set (I use the 3 frames in that set all the time) for my shaker window. Then I chose my coordinating patterned papers.
After choosing the papers, I went through my stash of Sparkle Blends to see what I thought would work best. I actually thought I was going to use the newer Springtime Blend, but instead, I felt that Icicle was the right way to go. It has lovely cool tones in it, with lots of glitter and opulence. It really pulled out the subtle shades in all of the succulents.
I stamped a simple "thank you" from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words stamp set with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink, and then I buffed on some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink to add a bit more soft color to the border of my background panel. I kept my card base pure white.
I really love how this card turned out. And since you're not using large pieces of patterned paper, or many die cut succulents, you can remake this card several times with those two products. And, you can easily change up the Sparkle Blends that you use in the window. But I will say, I think Icicle was perfect for it. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC, who is the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends by Doodles Paper Playground. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment