Friday, June 12, 2020

Stars & Stripes Shaker

Hello! Alison here. I really wanted to work with the Stars and Stripes Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground which was perfect because I wanted to use the latest Color Me Monday from Sassy & Crafty, so I went with a red, white, and blue theme for my card.
I colored this gorgeous Sassy Girl (from the OMG set) with Zig Clean Color Markers and fussy cut her. I found an alcohol ink background I had made recently that totally worked with my color palette. So I die cut a window and found a fun spotted background paper for behind my window. I made sure that I added foam tape behind my Sassy Girl so that my Sparkle Blends wouldn't get lost behind her. They're too pretty to be hidden!
The Stars and Stripes Sparkle Blend has sweet stars, patterned sequins, and the fabulous textured spirals that I love so much. The sizes and shapes are really fun, and just perfect for a sassy card.
I love how this card turned out. I loved using colors I don't typically use together, and experimenting with skin tones. And although this Sparkle Blend is patriotic, I think this card goes beyond that theme. I'll be back soon with another project. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment