Wednesday, June 3, 2020

OMG, I Love the 80's!

Happy June! Alison here. I am super stoked to share today's card. Why? Because it uses one of my favorite Sparkle Blends ever! It's called "I Love the 80's," and it was been released on Monday, along with 6 other amazing Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Totally rad!
The "I Love the 80's" Sparkle Blend inspired the entire card. I knew I needed to pair it with one of the OMG Sassy Girls from Sassy and Crafty. She was so much fun to color (I used my Zigs), and I made sure to use colors that were in this bright and bold Sparkle Blend.
Take a look at those fabulous colors in the Sparkle Blend! Those big yellow sequins are highlighter yellow in real life. They are huge and bright! There's different colored Fimo stars and sprinkles, turquoise gems, plenty of hot pink and black, and it's just a great big party!
For my shaker window, I took one of the masks from Sassy and Crafty's Comic Book stencil set and outlined it in pencil. Then I used a craft knife to cut it out. For my top layer's background, I used the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp along with Rina K's Poppin' Pink Glitz Glitter Gel. I'm crazy about this color! And it's so perfect with this new Sparkle Blend. Behind my shaker window, I used a piece of turquoise cardstock that I flicked with some Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray from Imagine. The "fabulous" sentiment is from Jillibean Soup. That secondary sentiment and my card base's border were colored in with Zig's florescent yellow marker.

This could be my favorite card that I've made in 2020 so far. The Sparkle Blend is so rad, the Sassy Girl is gorgeous, and all of the elements were so much fun to combine! I am stoked for you to see the rest of the brand new Sparkle Blends, which are available right now in the Sparkle Blends shop on Etsy. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, So Fun! My 13 year old grand daughter loves anything 80s. Thanks for sharing!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete