Thursday, June 4, 2020

Remember the 80's?

Hi Everyone! It's Judy! Do the 80's feel like just yesterday for you? For me they certainly do, and this new blend called I Love The 80's really captures all that 80's spirit! So check out my project for today.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this blend was roller skating in the 80's and a few months ago Catherine Pooler had come out with these fun stamps that I thought was just perfect. So I stamped my background using At The Rink background stamp using my Wow Embossing Pad and used Nuvo Fine Detail Embossing powder in Glacier White. I then used blending brushes to apply my Catherine Pooler inks to create my fun skate background layer. I then used a Lawn Fawn layering die to create the white frame. I then used scor-tape to attach a layer of acetate to the back of the frame. 

Next I used foam adhesive tape to create my shaker area. I then added I Love The 80's and sealed the shaker space. Next I stamped out and die cut the two pairs of roller skates that are from the Let The Good Times Roll stamp and Die sets, and added a little color with my Copics. I then added some stars from the sequin mix to my roller skates and adhered these to the frame. I then used a Happy Birthday sentiment and its matching shadow layer from Crafters Companion for my sentiment. I then adhered the sentiment and there you have it!

To see more of the Sparkle Blends June Release as well as all of the amazing Sparkle Blends, head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop. And, take a look on the Doodles Paper Playground blogFacebook page and in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook to see all the fun things going on!
So what do you think of this project? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and Thank You for stopping by!
Hugs!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment