Thursday, June 25, 2020

Cutie Pie

IMG_0340
Hey Friends!   It's EK back to guest design another Sparkle Blend project.

With 4th of July just around the corner, I wanted to make a card today that would work for the holiday, but wasn't limited to just one day of the year.  If you are going to make a good 4th of July card, you going to need to pull out your red, white, and blue, and lets be honest, there is a famous phrase about pie and America.  So I figured Doodle's Paper Playground's new Stars & Stripes Sparkle Blend packs is perfect place to jump off with for my project.

IMG_0277
Step One:  I started off my project today by embossing a piece of cardstock trimmed to 4.25x5.5 inches.  I liked this embossing folder, because it already has a center to cut out to make a shaker card.

IMG_0278
Step Two:  I then die cut out the center hole using a die meant to create shakers.  ( I used A.muse Studio Stitched Circle Windows)

IMG_0279
Step Three:  Using some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, I blended some ink over the embossed cardstock.

IMG_0280
Step Four:  Adhere a piece of acetate to the opening, and build the raised portions using three dimensional tape to create the shaker card guts.  Then add the whole structure to an A2 card frame.

IMG_0281
Step Five:  I filled the opening of the card with Stars & Stripes sequins.  Then using some Candied Apple Distress Oxide, color a scrape of cardstock to fit the back of the opening.

IMG_0282
Step Six:  Stamp the image of pie onto cardstock.  (I used Avery Elle Humble Pie stamp set).

IMG_0283
Step Seven:  Color in the stamped image using colored pencils.  (I used Faber-Castell Polychromos).  Fussy cut out the image.

IMG_0285
Step Eight:  Adhere the pie to the front of the card.  Stamp out a sentiment from the same stamp set.

IMG_0286
Step Nine:  Add little details to the whole card using a tiny stamp from the same stamp set.  I used both Candied Apple and Tumbled Glass for these details.

IMG_0287
Step Ten:  Finally, add hearts from the Stars & Stripes sparkle blend pack onto the card frame.

IMG_0341
I hope you got a kick out of the unusual 4th of July card I created.  Make sure you pop over to the Doodles Paper Playground store and check out the full June release.

IMG_0342
Let me know in the comments below how you would use the new Stars & Stripes blend.  Until then, Happy Crafting.

Want to save 10% off your order, then feel free to use the code EKGORMAN10 to get a savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment