Monday, June 8, 2020

Hang In There With Sparkle Blends!

Hi Everyone! It's Judy. Do you love pandas as much as I do? Then this new sequin mix called You're Pand-tastic is for you! And this time I did a little something different. Check it out!

So I decided to create a full panel shaker. This project uses no foam tape so for mailing it does have a slimmer profile. I started with a cloud stencil from C C Designs called, Cloud Stencil. I used Catherine Pooler Fiesta Blue Ink with my blending brushes to create the sky. Next I used a Die-namics Die from My Favorite Things called Scenic Safari. What I did was use this die to cut a sheet of paper to create a stencil for my grass layers. Then using Catherine Pooler Lime Rickey Ink and my blending brush I created the grassy part of the background. Then I used a stamp set from Whimsy Stamps called Panda Butt, and the matching die set which is also the same name for my trees, panda, and sentiment. For the trees and sentiment I stamped with Catherine Pooler Eucalyptus, Lime Rickey and Garden Party, and used Copics R20, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 and 100. I also used green metallic cardstock with an embossing folder from Darice called Vine Background.

Now here is the fun part. I cut my layer of acetate so that it was an inch larger in both directions than the panel with the scene. I then scored it to be the same size as the panel. I then used Scor Tape on the back of the panel and peeled the of the side of tape, adhering the acetate to the panel on three sides. 
I then added my shaker mix and sealed the last side. I then attached this layer to the metallic green layer and finally attached the whole thing to the card base. I really adore how this came out, and check out all the fun elements in this mix, like those cute panda faces!!!!!

To see more of the Sparkle Blends June Release as well as all of the amazing Sparkle Blends, head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop. And, take a look on the Doodles Paper Playground blogFacebook page and in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook to see all the fun things going on!
So what do you think of this project? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and Thank You for stopping by!
Hugs!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment