Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Storm Cloud Shaker

Hello! Alison here. I've got a new shaker card to share with you today and it features the "Storm Cloud" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
I think the Caffeinated Shark from The Rabbit Hole Designs is just hilarious, and I knew that having a cloudy sky would just add to the bad morning this guy is clearly having. I had the Small Stitched Cloud die from Rubbernecker Stamps that I used to cut out my shaker panels. Then I used the Go with the Flow stencil from Taylored Expressions for my water. I inked it with Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Oxides. I then covered most of the stenciling with some vellum, to help it appear that the shark was actually in the water.
Awww, look at him.....he's so sad. I hope he's got coffee in the pot! I colored the shark with Zig Clean Color Markers.
You can see the Storm Cloud Sparkle Blend here. It's got deep blues, grays, dusty purples, silver, and opalescent whites. It's really lovely. I happen to love the dusty tones it has...it's very different from what you would normally see in a sequin mix. I stamped the sentiment with Twilight colored ink from the VersaFine Clair line. I love the deep rich blue that it is. I made my card base out of gray cardstock and inked the bottom edge with more Salty Ocean Distress Oxide. 
I think this came out super cute, and I loved combining different products from a variety of companies. The Storm Cloud Sparkle Blend started it all, though. You've got to grab one for yourself! Head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to see all of the available Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. They are the exclusive retailer. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment