Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Pixie Dust Double Shaker

Greetings! It's Alison, and today I have a shaker card that features the GORGEOUS "Pixie Dust" Sparkle Blend. I love this Blend because it's opalescent and soft, but still has lots of color.
I love to create a lot of backgrounds all at once. I never really know what I am going to use them for, or when, but it's a great way to get out of a creative rut, when I am not sure what I feel like making, or when I just want to play without thinking too much. It's almost like a mediation. So this background was created some time ago with Distress Oxide Inks on glossy photo paper. There is no chalky finish, because I wiped it away with a tissue once the inks had dried. It really brings out the beautiful colors of the inks.
You can see in this photo the beautiful colors and shapes of the "Pixie Dust" Sparkle Blend. I especially love those "shards." I used a heart die from Lawn Fawn's Magic Color Slider Die set for my windows, and I backed the shaker with some old patterned paper. I also used a sentiment from Altenew's "Crafty Friends" stamp set, which I stamped in Teal StazOn ink.
The soft colors of the Oxides used in this background really bring out the colors of this Sparkle Blend. It's soft, sweet, and pretty. I added just a few sequins on the top of the card with On Point Glue for more sparkle and a bit of dimension.
For me, it's nice to work in pastels once in a while. I usually use dark or vibrant colors, so this color palette gives my eyes a bit of a rest. I really, really love Pixie Dust, and I look forward to using it again soon. If you'd like to see any of the currently available Sparkle Blends, please head on over to White Rose Crafts, who is the exclusive retailer for Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment