Thursday, July 4, 2019

Mini Diva Guest Designer

Hello! Alison here. Today and occasionally going forward we will have a special guest designer (or two!) on the blog. My daughter Rhiannon is now a Designing Mini Diva for Doodles Paper Playground, and she is beyond thrilled. Rhiannon is 10, and if you've been a follower of mine, you'll know that I love to craft with my kids. Rhiannon has become quite the talented artist, and Amber asked her to join our Design Team to help encourage kids to get crafty. So, here is her very first post, written by her (and overseen by me). She created this card completely on her own, and it's even more beautiful in person.

Hi, I'm Rhiannon. I started this card because I love the Unicorn Dreams Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I love the unicorns and the beads in it. I like that the colors are pink, purple, and blue, which are my unicorn colors. I stamped and die cut the unicorn, and then colored it with Arteza markers.  Then I die cut a window for my shaker out of black cardstock and painted it. I used Twinkle H2O's because they're really nice on black and they sparkle a lot.
The next step I did was attach acetate to the window, and put foam tape on the back of the window. I cut out the background out of pink cardstock and put the unicorn on to the background. Then I put the Sparkle Blend on top of the unicorn and took off the back of the foam tape, and put the window down.
I cut out a standard size card out of white cardstock, and put some Distress Oxides on it. I used Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet. I applied it by lightly dragging the corner of the ink pad around the edges of the card. 
After I finished making the card base, I put the shaker on top. I used a very thick foam tape (from Brutus Monroe) to help make the big beads move in the shaker.Unicorn Dreams is one of my favorite Sparkle Blends. I love unicorns, so this card was fun to make. I like how the card came out because it's both shiny and opaque. A special thanks to Amber for having me as a guest designer. I am really excited to do this. 
Back to Alison.... Not bad for her first post, huh? I love this card! She spent a lot of time working on that shaker frame, and it looks fantastic. You can get the Unicorn Dreams Sparkle Blend from the White Rose Crafts shop. WRC is the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends, which are all limited edition. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment