Saturday, July 6, 2019

Remembering a Friend

Hello, Friends. Alison here. Today my project is part of a very special blog hop that honors an amazing person. Aletha Jane Williams passed away on May 5, 2019 and so many people in the crafting community have felt a great loss. She was amazingly talented and so very kind, and those of us that knew her, and had the pleasure of working with her, miss her very much. But, the hop is to celebrate her life and creativity, and is happening in conjunction with a celebration that her husband has organized in their home city of Tulsa. I knew how much "sparkle" Aletha had. And using some Sparkle Blends on the card I created for the hop was a great way to show it.
I used the "Remembering Aletha" digtal stamp that Mitzi of Aurora Wings created specifically for this hop, in honor of our friend. It looks so much like her! I colored her with Zig Clean Color Markers and fussy cut her.
I stamped the paint palette image from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit from May repeatedly in the background to mimic the palette the Aletha Sprite is holding. Then I was able to choose which Sparkle Blends I wanted to add to the card.
I decided that Spring Fling and Mardi Gras Parade were perfect. Sometimes, you just need a little sparkle to make a big impact. I love that Sparkle Blends are available in so many colors, that you can always get the right match for your creations. My sentiments are from Altenew's Crafty Friends stamp set.
I know this post is a little different from my typical posts, but I really wanted to share this project and hop with you. If you knew Aletha, or if you want to see how beautiful it is when the crafting community comes together, please hop along with us. It begins over on my blog HERE. If you'd like to get a closer look at these or any of the other Sparkle Blends, please visit White Rose Crafts. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment