Sunday, April 7, 2019

Emerald Sparkle Blend with Alison

Greetings! Alison here and I've got a new shaker card to share with you that uses the beautiful Emerald Sparkle Blend, which is part of the Birthstone Collection from Doodles Paper Playground. Emerald is the May birthstone, Amber was able to capture some really lovely shades of green in this Blend.
 To make this Blend really stand out, I kept the background of my shaker window white. As my other focal point, I used the Laurel Burch Toucan stamp from Stampendous. I colored this guy with Zig Clean Color Markers and I fussy cut him out. I put him on a mat of blue cardstock that was die cut with a Lawn Fawn die (leftover from another card).
 I heat embossed a Laurel Burch sentiment that kept the card from being pigeon-holed into a specific category. My shaker window was made with an Avery Elle banner die. And let's talk about the Sparkle Blend for a minute. There are such cool shapes in it!!! There are these shard-like pieces that look like broken green glass, and I love them! Plus, there's lots of different sizes of sequins, holographic bits, and confetti (those are the ones without the holes). And there are really cool spirals!!! This Blend has a very diverse mix, even though it is only green. I'll be doing a Facebook Live in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club this weekend, so be sure to join us!
 I decided to keep my background simple and black. I just added some Nuvo Drops in white as a border for a little bit of interest and dimension. The shaker window and toucan are exciting enough, that I didn't need to do much more to the card.
To check out the Emerald Sparkle Blend, as well as the other currently available Blends (they are all limited edition), please visit White Rose Crafts LLC. They are the exclusive retailer for them.  Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment