Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sunshine and Spring Time

EK Gorman, Doodle's Paper Playground April 25 a

Hey Doodle fans.  It's EK from ekgorman designs, and I have the honor of guest designing agin over at Doodle's Paper Playground with a few of their newly released Sparkle Blend sequin mixes.  I decided to create a double shaker today using some of the beautiful spring themed blends.

Today I pulled out the Sparkle Blend Packs


and


IMG_5516
I started by stamping out this sweet little Love Muffin stamp set from Your Next Stamps onto some watercolor paper.

IMG_5517
Then using my xacto knife and my nippers, I trimmed out the frosting on the the little cupcake.

IMG_5519
I colored in the rest of the image using my Zig Watercolor brush pens.

IMG_5520
I then die cut out a frame in some teal paper, added some acetate, and adhered in the center of it my stamped image.  Using three dimensional tape, I created boarders around the frosting and around the frame so I could add two separate blends.

IMG_5521
Inside the frosting I added the new Springtime Sparkle Blend mix with its soft pinks and pastel colors.  In the larger area I added the new Sunshine Sparkle Blend sequin mix.

EK Gorman, Doodle's Paper Playground April 25 b
I just love how this card came out today.  I think it the colors are just so much fun and perfect for this time of year!

EK Gorman, Doodle's Paper Playground April 25 c
Thanks for peeking in today.  Make sure you pop over to White Rose Crafts, the exclusive carrier of the Sparkle Blend sequins and check out all that they are carry.

1 comment:

  1. How cute to have a floating image over the shaker part. NICE IDEA

    ReplyDelete