Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Graphic Butterfly Shaker

Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing a new shaker card with you, but it has more of a graphic feel to it. I have been wanting to put some new spins on the traditional "pretty" shaker. There's nothing wrong with pretty, but I enjoy experimenting and pushing boundaries. I realized that I hadn't used the new "Sunshine" Sparkle Blend yet, so I used that as my inspiration for this card.
I went through some of the background panels I made ages ago, and came across this one that was made with the re-inkers for Radiant Neon inks from Imagine. The initial background was kind of plain, so I used a few background stamps from Stampendous to add some interest. Check out the 6" x 6" Cling Mesh Stamp and the Quest Texture Cube to see what I used. For inks, I chose Tangelo Memento Ink and Abandoned Coral Distress Ink.
Here you can see some of what's inside the cheerful "Sunshine" Sparkle Blend. There are white opaque opalescent butterflies, shades of yellow sequins, confetti, golden stars, glitter sequins, and more. I especially love the neon yellow sequins that comes in 2 sizes. They look like they're glowing! the butterfly die cut that I used is from the Stampendous Lilac Die Set.
For my sentiment, I used one from Stampendous' Wonderful Guy stamp set, and embossed it with Carnelian PearLustre embossing powder. I backed the shaker with an old piece of Basic Grey patterned paper. Around the border of my card base, I inked Abandoned Coral on each side.
I really love the graphic look of this card, and I am definitely going to see how far I can push this style. This Friday, there will be a Doodles Paper Playground Blog Hop, showcasing the April release. I hope you will join us. But until then, please visit White Rose Crafts LLC to see all of the latest Blends. Use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment