Monday, April 1, 2019

Have a Brewtiful Day!

Happy April! Alison here. It's the beginning of a wonderful month for many reasons. One of which is because it is new release month at Doodles Paper Playground! There are SIX new Sparkle Blends that are available, starting today and they are perfect for Spring! The card I am sharing features Cafe Au Lait.
 So if you follow me, you know I am crazy about Gina K's Wreath Builder Templates. I use them all the time, and I decided to experiment way beyond flowers. I used my favorite stamp set from Ink Road Stamps, called "Mug Life" and this is what I came up with. A kaleidoscope of coffee! I stamped the images with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, and colored everything with my Zig Clean Color Markers.
 Here's a good look at what's inside the Cafe Au Lait Sparkle Blend. You can see the soft coffee and milk colors, with different sizes and textures of sequins and gems. There are beads in the Blend too, but I opted to keep them out of this shaker. Would you look at those spiral sequins!!! Are they the coolest, or what?!
 I used some mauve colored cardstock to make the shaker window, and to pull out the color I used on the hearts. I found a pretty scrap of speckled cardstock for my sentiment, and I added just a few sequins to that as well.
I am crazy about this combination of sequins, images, and colors. I love the interchangeable sentiments in the Mug Life stamp set, and turning them into a "wreath" was so much fun. Please be sure to head over to the White Rose Crafts LLC shop to see all of the new Sparkle Blends. They are the exclusive retailer. Later this week I will be in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook, doing a live close up of the new Sparkle Blends. Please be sure to join the group so that you don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment