Saturday, November 24, 2018

Snowflake Shaker Card

Greetings! Alison here, and today I have a shaker card that features the beautiful Frozen Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. Frozen is a beautiful wintry mix of blues and whites, with some very pretty snowflakes, glitter sequins, and gems.

For the top layer of my card, I used some Distress Oxide Inks to get an icy cool look. I used Peacock FeathersSalty Ocean, and Faded Jeans. I applied the inks to my craft mat, spritzed the inks with water, and then dragged my cardstock through it. I sped up the drying time with my heat tool, and reinked the cardstock.

After I was satisfied with my results, I decided where I wanted my snowflake shakers (stamps and dies from Stampendous) to be. Then, I die cut the 2 snowflakes in my Distress Oxide layer. Next, I took a piece of pale blue cardstock and placed it under the die cut layer (just sitting...not attached to anything). I placed these 2 pieces of cardstock into my Stamp Platform and held them down with magnets. Then, I fit the snowflake stamps into the die cut holes, so I knew that they would be placed perfectly. I closed the door on my Stamp Platform to pick up the snowflakes, and then I removed the Distress Ink layer, just so that it wasn't in the way. I stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink, and used Lapis PearlLustre Embossing Powder from Stampendous.

I added a piece of acetate to the back of the Distress Ink layer, and then lots of foam tape. To the layer with the embossed snowflakes, I added my Frozen Shaker Blend. Then I laid the Distress Ink layer on top to close up my shaker. I created my card base out of white cardstock, but I added a mat of Bo Bunny Denim Vintage cardstock to bring out the darker blues in the Sparkle Blend.

I love the swirling colors of the Distress Inks, plus the shine from the Sparkle Blend and embossing powder. I also love the depth you get from stamping the snowflakes on the bottom layer of the shaker. This technique would work with many types of stamps, that you have a coordinating die for. I hope you'll give it a try! Be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see all of the currently available Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment