Sunday, November 25, 2018

2 Cards, 1 Layout

Hello! Alison here. Today I have 2 cards that use the same stamps and layout, but the papers and Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground that I use are different. The Sparkle Blends I used are Frozen (with with a few glitter sequins from Candy Cane) and Boughs of Holly. Let's take a look at the first card.

I did something a little different with my cards this time. Instead of coloring my images first and picking out coordinating paper and embellishments next, I started off with my paper first. I knew I wanted to use certain patterns from 2 Echo Park collections, and I used them as my jumping off point for my coloring. The papers on this card are from the I Love Winter collection. I am so in love with the Thanks a Latte stamps and dies  from Lawn Fawn, and I knew they would be perfect for these cards.

I stamped the images with VersaFine ink and colored them with my Tombow Dual Brush Markers on Bristol Smooth paper. My shaker windows were made with 2 circle dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Inside this shaker, I used the "Frozen" Sparkle Blend with just a few red glitter sequins from "Candy Cane" to tie all of the colors together.

As finishing touches, I inked the edges of my cream card base with Sapphire Delicata ink and added my sentiment on Kraft cardstock with Twilight VersaFine Clair ink. 

The second card uses Echo Park's "I Love Christmas" paper collection. I followed the exact same format with the first card, only changing my Sparkle Blend, marker colors, and cardstock.

For this card, I used the "Boughs of Holly" Sparkle Blend which is absolutely, positively the perfect Christmas Blend. I love the mix of colors and sequin styles in it. And I have to point out the adorable reindeer on that Echo Park paper inside my shaker. They are just too cute!

I like the warmth of this card. The first card feels chilly to me. The soft beige tones on this card give off a comfy vibe to me.

Making both of these cards was quick, because the layout was simple and the coloring was minimal. This layout can be easily adapted to suit many stamp sets and themes. And I think this shaker size is great. You get a lot of movement and plenty of room for your Sparkle Blends. What stamps or paper companies can you think of that you can use to adapt this card to suit your needs? I think I'll be using this layout quite a bit. Please visit White Rose Crafts LLC to check out all of the available Sparkle Blends. They are the exclusive distributor and all Blends are Limited Edition. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment