Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Make a Path

Hello! Today, I have a new shaker card to share with you. I was really inspired by one of the newest stamp sets from Beth Duff Designs, and I hadn't had a chance to play with it until now. The set is called Faith Can Move Mountains.  I knew when I started this card that I was going to make a shaker, and I let the card happen organically. This helped me to decide which Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground I was going to use. I chose But First, CoffeeGingerbread Man would have worked too, but I opted to steer away from the glitter sequins found in Gingerbread Man, simply because of the overall look of this card.

I started off with Kraft cardstock and I embossed the mountain scene with Champagne PearLustre embossing powder from Stampendous. I used a Posca Pen to add some snow to the mountains, and I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide.

My top layer was made from cream colored cardstock. I used a Tim Holtz Wood Grain stencil with Antique Linen Distress Oxide, and then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Oxides. Next, I cut out my window using an Elizabeth Craft Designs oval die, and I stamped my sentiment with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink.

Here you can see the wonderful sequins and beads that are in the But First, Coffee Sparkle Blend. There are several shades of brown, some gold, cream, and burnt orange. It's a great blend for nature inspired, masculine, and steampunk projects.

I love the inspirational quality of this card. The mountain range is so beautiful in it's simplicity, and I really like it with the Champagne embossing powder. If you would like to get a closer look at But First, Coffee, or any of the other Sparkle Blends, please visit White Rose Crafts LLC. Thank you for stopping by.Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment