Friday, November 2, 2018

Design Team Project for White Rose Crafts: 4 Fast Cards, 1 Decoupage Sheet

Hello Doodle Friends!

I'm over on the White Rose Crafts blog today, sharing 4 fast, easy and beautiful cards made with one Craft Creations die cut, Decoupage Sheet, WRC sourced Holiday Paper, and because this week is all about Embracing your Embellishmental Side, a few different Sparkle Blends and some Glitter Glue!

I am smitten with the adorable Busy Penguins from Craft Creations UK, and I love that straight out of the plastic, you have 4 totally cute, dimensional card toppers for just $1.70! Can you say bargain? If you want to stretch this sheet even farther, use the first penguin layers from each topper as flat images on 4 additional cards, or use all of them on one to create a cute, interactive scene with all 4 of these cuties! I, of course, didn't realize this was a possibility until I'd already completed all 4 of my cards, but I love that there is potential to get 8 cards out of this one sheet! WOW! That's some amazing value!


These sweet little guys went together so quick and easy--I think it took me 15 minutes to assemble all 4 toppers! I wanted to keep my cards lower profile, so I decided to use the Woodware UK 1mm Foam Mounting Tape to layer up all 4 of the toppers. I love that I still get dimension without adding a ton of extra postage when I mail these cuties out for Christmas. 


I selected 4 sheets of paper from my extensive Holiday paper collection, trying to match them to the scarves of each penguin. I chose the green holly pattern and aqua snowflakes  from Wild Rose Studio's Holly Lane and Frosted Lace paper packs, respectively. The red and green snowflakes are from the Echo Park I Love Christmas paper pack, and the ornaments and script on black background are from the Be Merry and Bright 6x6 pack by Couture Creations


I cut four 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch, 110#, white card bases and trimmed my background papers to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches. I mounted the backgrounds using 6mm Double Sided Sticky Tape, centered on my square card bases. 


Next, I added the same Double Sided Tape to the back of the assembled toppers and adhered them on the backgrounds at an angle, for a bit of interest.


Using Stazon black ink, I stamped a different sentiment from the Heffy Doodle Elfing Christmas Words stamp set on each card. I love how versatile this set is, because you can mix and match all the different parts to build just the sentiment you need for your card!


Since this week is all about embellishments, I decided to double up on the sparkle! I chose Dovecraft glitter glue in Crystal , using it to go over the framed outline of each of the topper squares and over the scarves on each of the penguins--which added an awesome shimmer.

As a final touch, I selected 3 different Sparkle Blends from the Doodles Paper PlaygroundOctober Release to embellish my cards. I used Frozen on the holly and aqua snowflakes versions, Candy Cane on the green and red snowflakes and Vixen on the final, non-traditionally colored card. I adhered them in clusters of three, in three areas that created an eye pleasing, visual triangle.


I hope you've enjoyed my collection of cards, today! These were so fast to put together--approximately half an hour from start to finish! That's not bad at all for 4 really cute cards--especially in the midst of the Holiday crafting flurry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment