Saturday, July 21, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikkila - Intergalactic Hi

Intergalactic Hi
By Alison Heikilla

Greetings everyone! Alison here. Today I have a new shaker card featuring the Intergalactic Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.


In my never-ending attempt to make shaker cards in different ways, this time I used letter dies from Quik Kutz. Are they even a company any more? Anyway, I had this cool, outer-space looking alcohol ink background that I had made a while back on glossy photo paper, and I thought it would go really well with the Intergalactic Sparkle Blend. This blend has lots of stars and bold, bright colors plus black and silver. It is a gorgeous mix of shapes and sizes and it's become a favorite of mine.


I tried to highlight the letters a bit with a white Molotow pen, but the nib on the pen is shot, so it was't working right. I scraped away some of the white but I couldn't get it all up. The jury is still out on whether or not I like the white the way it is. I probably should have just left it alone. But look at those pretty sparklies!!!


I felt as though the card needed a little something else, so I die cut a few vellum stars and added them towards the top left corner. I added a few sequins to them to help hide my glue and add some additional shine. The stars are really subtle, but just what the card needed. I put the shaker on a gray card base, which I think is so pretty.


This card is a quick one to make, as I usually have a bunch of backgrounds on hand. So it's just a matter of making the shaker and adding embellishments. Be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC to see the Intergalactic Sparkle Blend as well as all of the other options. They are all limited edition, so be sure to grab what you love when you see it! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment