Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Cheryl Schoeman - Happy birthday, Princess

Happy Birthday, Princess
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Lilac Luster

Hi everyone! I have a quick tutorial making a royal card using Lilac Luster Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground.


This card was completely inspired by my 4 year old daughter, Paige. She is in love with purple and princesses ♥ I started my card with the background and stamped the castle and princess on a panel of white cardstock. I then colored them with copics.


To color in the rest of the background, I fussy cut the castle and princess with masking paper and cover them up. Then I took a scrap piece of masking tape that was already curved and laid it down over the bottom of the castle and part of the princess. It didn't actually cover the whole panel but I just moved it over when I got to the little area on the right.


I started blending the sky using a light blue along the upper half and a slightly darker blue along the horizon and behind my masked areas. Once the sky was done, I realized my masking tape had lost most of its stickiness. Rather than cutting a new piece, I attempted to blend the green along the bottom without it. Luckily, I liked having a slightly lighter color along the upper portion of the grass and where I did go into the sky, the darker blue covered up my mistake. As I took off the masking paper, there was a portion behind the princess' arms that were still white. To add color, I smooshed ink on my desk and used a water brush to add color.


I added some flower details with colored felt tip pens and highlights with a white gel pen.


I stamped the sentiment and a few hearts in the sky to finish the background. To assemble my shaker, I added the sparkle blend to the middle of the colored panel. Then cut a frame out of purple cardstock, added acetate to the back and then foam tape on top.


The frame was adhered to the top of the background. I used runner tape to add the shaker panel to the front of a side folding A2 card. I completed my card by adding little white flowers/stars with my white gel pen.


I hope Paige-y likes it. Now I have to make another one for her twin sister. That one may involve a mermaid instead :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Newton's Nook - Once upon a princess
Dies: MFT - Mod rectangle stax
Ink: Distress ink - Salty ocean, Tumbled glass, Mowed lawn; MFT - Black licorice;
Copics; Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

2 comments: