Friday, July 13, 2018

First Design Team Project for Kindred Stamps - Kraken Meal Plan, Mystery Revealed Card

Kraken Meal Plan, Mystery Revealed Card

I am absolutely thrilled to share my first project for the Summer Term Kindred Stamps Design Team! I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with such a talented group of women, representing such a unique and fantastic brand. I'll be sharing lots of inspiration over the next 3 months, so be sure to follow my blog!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got my hands on the amazing Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel die set and knew it was a perfect match for Kindred Stamp's Mythical Kraken stamp set!! I've had this idea in my head since my Design Team package arrived! I started by cutting all of my necessary pieces out of 110# white cardstock, using the die set, and set them aside. Then, I cut a front panel out of vellum and used Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Salty Ocean & Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide inks to blend onto the back side, for a watery ombre background, setting it aside to dry.



Next, I took the wheel part of my reveal wheel, divided it into quarters with a light pencil line & took the small, supporting images from the stamp set, stamping one in each quarter. I should have traced my reveal opening to make sure they were in the right place, but I didn't--luckily I got them placed pretty close to in the right place--whew! I also stamped the main, Kraken image on a scrap of 65# white cardstock & I colored the images, and the background of my wheel, using Copic Markers.



I assembled my wheel, following the directions in this Lawn Fawn video, and before attaching the front panel, I used a wave die from my stash to cut down the vellum, and adhered it to the front panel using glue dots. Next, I stamped the "What do sea monsters eat for dinner?" sentiment above my reveal window in Blueprint Sketch ink & added the detail frame included in the die set, trimming the waves with a kraft knife. I adhered my Kraken to the ocean panel and added details and bubbles with my white Sakura Gelly Roll pen and mounted the whole panel on an ice blue, 120# card base.



I knew I had to bring the outside to the inside of this card, and cut a panel using the second largest of the Gina Marie Designs Limited Edition Double Stitched In and Out Cut Rectangle die set out of 110# white cardstock and inked the edges with Salty Ocean Oxide Ink. I put the panel in my Misti and stamped the fish, ship and anchor images in Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink in the top left corner. I rotated the panel 180 degrees and then stamped it again. I stamped the punchline sentiment, "fish & ships" using Blueprint Sketch ink, and added a touch of color to the images with Copic markers. I adhered the panel inside my card, signed the back and called it complete!



I hope you've enjoyed seeing my first Kindred Stamps project! I had a blast working with Mythical Kraken and can't wait to create more inspiration projects for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment