Sunday, July 15, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Cheryl Schoeman - Mermaid birthday wishes

Mermaid Birthday Wishes
Cards and Clutter
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends - Mermaid Scales

Hi everybody, Cheryl taking over the Doodle blog again today! 😊 Last time I posted, I had a princess birthday card for my daughter, Paige. This time, I have a birthday card for my other daughter, McKenna (they are twins).


So originally I wasn't sure if I was going to do another shaker card but my husband saw the princess one and told me I couldn't not make a second one, lol. The girls are both in love with Ariel from The Little Mermaid which made my coloring choices pretty easy.

To start my card, I stamped the little mermaid on bristol smooth cardstock and then masked her with a post it note. Then I used a stencil and two colors of blue to make the background behind her. I colored her with zig clean color markers and a bit of water. The sentiment was stamped with black ink several times using my misti tool. Note to self: let the distress oxide inks dry completely before trying to stamp on top.

For the shaker portion, I used turquoise cardstock and die cut the center portion out. Then I adhered acetate to the inside and layered foam tape along the edges. To assemble, I added the sparkle blend on top of the mermaid and laid the window panel over it. The shells along the edges were stamped with the same distress oxide inks that were used for the background.


Such a pretty blend! Can you see the little fishes and ducky?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS - Little darling mermaid
Dies: MFT - Mod rectangle stax
Inks: Zig clean color markers; Distress Oxide inks - Peacock feathers,Salty Ocean
Stencil: Altenew - Scallop builder
Embellishments: Doodles Paper Playground - Mermaid scales

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment