Sunday, December 13, 2020

Hello Frosty Shaker

 Hello! Last week, I posted about how I challenged myself to use each of the stamps in Lawn Fawn's Simply Celebrate Winter set, along with a Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I don't use this stamp set often enough, and they are just perfect for shaker cards. You can check out that post HERE. Today's card is the second in the series, and I used the "Hello Frosty" Sparkle Blend with the little snowmen from Lawn Fawn.

I knew immediately that I was going to use the "Hello Frosty" Sparkle Blend with these snowmen so I colored them to coordinate with my Zigs. I love that the stamps in this set are so quick to color. Below you can see just how adorable this Sparkle Blend is....look at all of those snowmen and snowflakes!

Last week, my son and I had a Gel Press monorpinting session together, and while I went through them, I found the perfect one for this card. I shared it on FB to get some feedback as to which areas of the print I should use, and most people mentioned they liked the areas with the blue, so I made sure to use that part. You can see the full print below.

After I trimmed the print, I used an Avery Elle Banner die to cut two windows. I added my foam tape and shaker bits, an backed it with a pink cardstock. I inked my card base with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, which I also used on a pale blue strip of cardstock to help the snowmen stand out. Last, I added my sentiment from the Snow Globe Scenes stamp set (I just straightened out the sentiment), and I added a few sequins to the outside of the card.

I think the card is adorable and I really love the Gel Press monoprint with the snowmen. I think the areas with the bubble wrap look like snowballs, and the various colors match the Sparkle Blend perfectly. Next up in this series will be the trees stamp with the Lights in the Forest Sparkle Blend. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. You can use my code, “ALISON10” to save 10% off of your purchase, not including Bundles. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

1 comment:

  1. So cute with the row of snowmen and I like the frosty colors.

    ReplyDelete