Thursday, December 24, 2020

Card #4: Sparkle Blend/Lawn Fawn Series

 Merry Christmas Eve! Alison here. I've got my 4th card in the series I created for myself that uses a Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground, along with an image from Lawn Fawn's Simply Celebrate Winter stamp set. I decided to use the ornaments stamp with the "Merry and Bright" Sparkle Blend.

I love the bold, bright colors of the "Merry and Bright" Blend, so I made sure to color my ornaments with similar colors using my Zig Clean Color markers. I fussy cut the ornaments out and perused through my stash of backgrounds to see if there was anything I had the coordinated. I came across one that I made with Distress Oxides a while back. The colors I used are Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers.

My shaker window uses an old die from Stampendous. It goes perfectly with the stamps, so I had to use it. When I added my shaker bits to the window, I thought it needed a bit more blue, so I added sequins from the "Baby Shark" Sparkle Blend. I felt that now the mix worked perfectly with the look I was going for. I did omit the little sharks that are in the Blend....though it would be fun to do a holiday shark-themed card! I really like the different colored snowflakes in the "Merry & Bright" Blend. I backed the shaker window with striped cardstock from Lawn Fawn. I made a white colored base, which I inked with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide.

I love the non-traditional colors of this card. I think it's joyful and fun. Now, all I have left to do are the presents and the houses from the Simply Celebrate Winter set. Which shaker card should I create first? Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? I look forward to sharing my next project with you. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment: