Sunday, December 20, 2020

Card #3 in the Sparkle Blends/Lawn Fawn Series

Greetings! Alison here. Today I have the third card in my shaker card series that uses a Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground, along with a stamp from Lawn Fawn's Simply Celebrate Winter set. I had yet to use the "Lights in the Forest" Sparkle Blend (which is a real shocker because I absolutely love this one!), so I was really excited to create this card. If you've missed the first two cards in this series, please click HERE and HERE.

I started off by coloring the trees from the Simply Celebrate Winter set with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. Again, these stamps are fantastic because they are really quick to color. After I fussy cut them out, I began to work on my background. I ink blended my top panel with Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink (I don't own Chipped Sapphire in an Oxide, which is why I switched to Ink). I started in the upper center of the panel with the Peacock Feathers and worked my way out to the darker tones. Then I splattered water on the panel to lift some of the color. Next, I went in with a gold watercolor from Fine Tec and created smaller splatters. I knew this would look beautiful with the Lights in the Forest Sparkle Blend. Then I heat embossed my sentiment with Detail Silver embossing powder.

I used an older snowflake die from Stampendous to cut out my window. It's a wonderful size for a shaker. You can see how unique this Blend is in the photo above. I really love the spiral sequins and the polka dots. The satin finish on the sequins is really magical too. I backed my window with a glitter cardstock from DCWV and used a Sparkle Marker on the border of my card base in a rich, midnight blue.

I think this is my favorite card in the series so far. Those blues are so beautiful together, and I really adore the "Lights in the Forest" Sparkle Blend. Up next will probably be the ornaments. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? I look forward to sharing my next project with you. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment