Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Have a Magical Time

Hello! Alison here, I love unicorns. I always have, so whenever I see them, I get excited. So the Unicorn Chill Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground was one I was really stoked to play with. There are actually several types of unicorns in this Sparkle Blend, so it's perfect for anyone that loves unicorns.

I stamped and colored the "All I Want" unicorns from Clearly Besotted (which unfortunately I can't seem to find in stock anywhere) with Copics. I tend to not have much of a plan when I color my images, and I usually let the colors I used for the stamps guide me to what I do with the rest of the card. Of course, knowing that I was going to use the Unicorn Chill Sparkle Blend helped this process along too.


The colors of this Sparkle Blend are so soft and pretty, that I knew I wanted to make a blended sky and of course that means I needed to break out my Distress Oxides. On smooth Bristol cardstock, I blended Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Tumbled Glass. I really love these colors together and they make a perfect sky. I stamped out some clouds from Lawn Fawn's Unicorn Picnic set and die cut 2 clouds from Rubbernecker Stamps' Small Cloud Stitch. I use this die a lot for my shaker cards. The back of my shaker windows has snowflake patterned paper from my stash, and I inked the edges of my white card base with more Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

I love the softness of this card. There's nothing jarring or crazy, it's just soft and pretty. The Unicorn Chill Sparkle Blend has such beautiful colors and elements in it that it's easy to be inspired. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see all of Amber's beautiful, limited edition sequin mixes. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a fantastic day!

1 comment: