Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Card #5 in the Sparkle Blends/Lawn Fawn Series

 Hello! Alison here. Thanks for stopping by. Today I have the 5th card in my Sparkle Blends and Lawn Fawn series. At the beginning of December, I decided to challenge myself to use all of the images in the Simply Celebrate Winter stamp set along with a Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground that I thought coordinated well with it. I went through all of the very holiday stamps, so today's card uses the houses, which I think can be used all winter long. If you want to check out the other cards in this series, here are the links for Card #1, Card #2, Card #3, Card #4.

I like that these houses can be used for more than Christmas cards. For example, I have a friend that just bought a new home, and since it's winter, this is the perfect card for her. She'll receive it once she's all settled in. I knew that the "Blue Blizzard" Sparkle Blend would be perfect for this card. There are several shades of blue in it, plus lots of beautiful snowflakes. I colored the houses with my Zig Clean Color Markers and cut them out. I found a piece of patterned paper from Echo Park that was perfect for my snowy scene, and I stamped my sentiment, which is from Lawn Fawn's Happy Village stamp set.

For my shaker window, I used a brand new die from Stampendous that is actually meant to be scoops of ice cream! It's part of the new POP Shapes die set that's available starting in January. I thought it made the perfect cloud. You can see in the photo above just how pretty the Blue Blizzard Sparkle Blend is. Look at all of that shine! I kept the rest of the card super simple, because it's all about that shaker, right?

I hope you are enjoying this series of cards as much as I am. I think I may continue to do something like this in the New Year as well. It's a fun, yet simple challenge, and it's helping me to really use what I have and not pine over things that I don't have. I'll be using the last stamp in this set next month, which is the presents. It's perfect because it's my birthday month! I hope you'll check it out when it's posted. Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? I look forward to sharing my next project with you. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment