Saturday, December 12, 2020

Warm and Wonderful Christmas

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1890.jpg

Hey Friends! Today I am playing around with some non holiday Sparkle Blends and yet creating a Christmas Card. I wanted to see if there were any older blends that were meant for other seasons that could become beautiful non traditional holiday themed. I found that the Citrus Tornado Sparkle Blend was perfect for a southwestern Christmas.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1883.jpg

I started by pulling the Citrus Tornado Sparkle Blend and an older distress oxide ink paper I had laying around in my stash. I wish I could tell you what colors I used on this piece of paper, but it is so old I can only guess. I think I was Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemon and maybe abandoned Coral.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1884-1.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1884-2.jpg

I then stamped a holiday image from Art Impressions and traced out a horizon and sun that could become my shaker.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1885.jpg

Using my xacto knife, I cut out the sun.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1886.jpg

Using my derwent watercolor pencils, I colored in the image. I enhanced the white parts with my Posca pen.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1887.jpg

I assembled and filled the shaker with the Citrus Tornado Sparkle Blend. I added to the edges some Ripe Persimmon Distress Markers to help make the sun be even more vibrant. (I should have colored the card frame a vibrate yellow so the sun would be yellow under the Blend.)

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1888.jpg

I stamped a sentiment in the same Ripe Persimmon Distress Marker ink and added a few more Citrus Tornado Sparkle Blend sequins to finish the card.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1892.jpg

What non-holiday Sparkle Blend would you use to create a Christmas Card? Let me know in the comments below. Until then Happy Crafting.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1891.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Very cute with the south west colors. I would pick So Matcha and make a shaker tree.

    ReplyDelete