Monday, December 28, 2020

Happy New Year!

 

So I am now working on New Year cards. I may need to start working on next years cards since I feel like I have a lot more holiday ideas and things I still want to play with from this year that I got later in the cardmaking season! But for today, let's talk New Year!

I decided to work with Newton's New Year stamp set from Newton's Nook, and pair this with With A Bang Sparkle Blends as the basis for my project. I love this mix with a mostly black and white and silver color base, but also  purple and even a bit of blue with fabulous shapes and fun elements to give this such a magical mix feel. I also am using Fancy Frames Kit from Queen and Company for my framed shaker element. I have been working on cleaning up my craftroom and if you are like me you probably have 6x6 pads that are partially used and as we start making cards for the next holiday or next season these paper pads stay partially used and get buried on our desks. With that said, these papers are actually from Halloween Hoopla 6x6 Paper Pad from Queen and Company. While the front sides are very Halloween, the back sides are these amazing bright pattern papers that are totally perfect for this project. I did use A2 Card Layers #2 from the Stamp Doctor to cut my background layers. I colored up Newton and his champagne glass using my copics, and to pull it all together I used my main go to Scor Tape to adhere it all.



So head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop. Grab your favorites while they are still available! And as always, take a look on the Doodles Paper Playground blogFacebook page and in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook to see all the fun things going on!

I do hope you enjoy this project and can't wait to see what you create!

Hugs!
Judy

1 comment: