Monday, December 7, 2020

Frosted Gingerbread Shaker

Hello! Alison here. I've got a new shaker card to share with you today. I have the Simply Celebrate Winter stamp set from Lawn Fawn, and truthfully, I haven't used it much. So I thought it would be fun to make a shaker card using each of the stamps in that set. I may not get to all of them this month, but I am going to certainly try. Doodles Paper Playground has so many amazing Sparkle Blends to choose from, that I know it won't be hard to pair a stamp with the perfect sequin mix. Today's card uses the gingerbread folks stamp with the Frosted Gingerbread Sparkle Blend. 

Coloring the gingerbread cookies was easy. I used only 5 Zig markers for them and then fussy cut the strip out. I had some frosty pink snowflake paper from Wild Rose Studio that worked really well with the Frosted Gingerbread Sparkle Blend. The only problem was that the paper is 6x6, and it has some distressing around the edges. So when I cut my paper down, the distressing was cut off of 2 sides. So I applied some Tattered Rose Distress Ink direct to the paper to coordinate with what's printed on the other two sides. I also used a blending brush to soften the inner area a bit. I think it's hard to tell which sides I actually inked up, which makes me happy. I didn't want to cut off the distressing, so this was the perfect solution.

Above, you can see how "sweet" this Sparkle Blend really is! There are different sizes of gingerbread cookies, as well as adorable kawaii cupcakes and peppermint swirls. That's not even to mention all of the beautiful sequins! I used a scallop die from Stampendous for my shaker window and a brown patterned paper for behind it. I adhered a few sequins to the top of my card too, with On Point Glue. I inked my card base with more Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I really wanted to use a mint green, to go with the cupcakes, but I didn't have the right shade of ink. Inside of the shaker, I used foam tape from Pear Blossom Press.

Because the Simply Celebrate images are small and quick to color, I got this shaker card made in a pretty short amount of time. I think it's entirely possible to get a set of these made before Christmas. We'll see! Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. You can use my code, “ALISON10” to save 10% off of your purchase, not including Bundles. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook so you can join in on the fun we have there? I’ll be back tomorrow with another holiday-themed post. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a fantastic day! 

1 comment: