Thursday, August 13, 2020

The Sweetest Watermelon

 Greetings! It's time for a shaker card using one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. It's called "Watermelon" and the Blend perfectly fits the name.

You can see all the pretty shades of pink and green, to represent the fruit. There's even teeny watermelon slices made out of clay, and tiny black tube beads to represent the seeds. There are translucent, opaque, and holographic sequins in the mix, in a range of sizes. Here's my card for today.

Many moons ago I colored in these watermelon slices from A Day for Daisies with Chameleon Pens. I had saved them for just the right card, and that day finally came.

You can see how pretty all the colors are in this Sparkle Blend in the photo above. It's a little easier to see them all when they're spread out like this. I love that the range of pinks really works with the way the watermelons that I colored are shaded.

To bring out the green in the Sparkle Blend, I used a Nuvo Glitter Gloss with a stencil from Balzer Designs on white cardstock. It's a fun doodle kind of stencil, and I really like it. It's playful. I backed my shaker window with a pink patterned paper scrap and inked my white card base's edges with black ink. My sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.

I love the slick look of the watermelons against the grainy, glittery texture of the stenciled layer. And the movement of the Watermelon Sparkle Blends adds another layer of fun. That's it for me today. I hope you’ll visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see all of the currently available sequin mixes. Sparkle Blends are made in small batches, only once, so once they’re gone, they’re gone for good. You can use my code, “ALISON10” to save 10% off of your order (not including Bundles). Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment