Sunday, August 9, 2020

May Your Day be Filled with Adventure

 Hi, it's Phoenix. Today I am showing you my Interactive dragon card that uses the Pizza Party Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. One thing that I like a lot about this card, is that even though I used a Sparkle Blend that has a lot of reds and browns, I was able to make fluffy white clouds with it.

I started off by die cutting several clouds from Rubbernecker stamps. After that, I used On Point Glue to attach the Sparkle Blends to two of the clouds. Next, I used the sentiments from the Little Dragon stamp set from Lawn Fawn on the rest of the clouds. Then, I stamped out my dragon, cake, candle, and flame, colored them in and die cut them out.

I wanted a pull tab to reveal the flame, so I cut a slit in my blue paper and I attached my flame to a long strip of white paper using a foam square. I also used a pull tab die Lawn Fawn's Magic Color Slider Die.
After that, I attached foam squares to the clouds, my dragon, and my cake and attached them to the blue sky cardstock. I also attached the other clouds, but kept them flat.

Then I put foam tape on the back of my blue background and I inserted my slider into it. Finally I attached it to my card base. You can see that I only used whites and creams from the Pizza Party Sparkle Blend so that my clouds would look fluffy. I really like the large spiral sequins because it's a nice white and it adds cool texture.

I like that the flame can completely disappear behind the dragon and that the track isn't easy to see. The flame moves easily in the track and I really enjoyed making this card. Please visit the Sparkle Blend Shop on Etsy. Thanks for looking at my blog post today. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment