Sunday, May 30, 2021

You're the Sunflower

 I think I love these Sparkle Blends too much. And if anyone actually gets that song reference, I'm impressed! But not as impressed as I am with these Sunflower Sparkle Blends.

I created this card for someone very special to me, who's friendship is a bright ray in my life. I wanted to convey something radiant. And since I am in love with this Layering Sunflower stencil from Photoplay, I thought it was the perfect match for the "Sunflower" Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. This blend is filled with warm golden tones but has brown shimmer pieces that really make it glow. The clay slices give it a very organic feel and the small discs really balance out the colors. I loved that I was able to use the different elements on the outside of the card to accentuate different parts of my stamped image. This adorable girl and flower pot are part of "Bloom Stamp" from Sassy and Crafty. They have a very diverse, amazing selection of stamps. I used an Echo Park stencil to lightly make a background pattern with the new Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink. The girl and flower were colored with Copics. The sentiment strips are Brutus Monroe's Conversation Clippings.


I really enjoyed creating this card for a very special person. The card needed a little something extra and Sparkle Blends always do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment